KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 30 (Bernama) -- Cuepacs president Omar Osman said today that all the protests raised by several affiliated members of the congress yesterday would not stop him from continuing with the trust placed on him.
Omar, who was elected for a second term for the 2010-2013 session at the 25th Triennial Convention last week, refused to comment on the protests.
"The new leadership will continue the mandate given at the convention by focusing on the planning for next year. We want to carry out the decisions of the convention...where our direction for 2011 is to raise the standard of the service scheme and the existing grades.
"Our focus is for next year...on the protests, I don't wish to comment," he told reporters at Wisma Cuepacs, here.
Yesterday, several affiliated members of the Cuepacs had submitted protests claiming that there were breaches to the constitution and regulations at the convention from Dec 21 to 23.
Meanwhile, Omar said that next year, the congress would endeavour to get more affiliated members besides getting all eligible civil servants to become members of the union.
"For the year 2011, we are targeting to raise the integrity of civil servants, raise productivity ...and want to resolve the problems of the more than 6,000 workers, who were reported to have problems by the Director-General of Public Service Department, Datuk Seri Abu Bakar Abdullah recently. We will try to help," he said.
He also planned to meet with the Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin in the near future to discuss the problems of civil servants under the State Education Department whose contracts were not renewed.
He said that on Jan 12, he would attend the meeting with the Public Service Department (PSD) at Putrajaya to discuss the new evaluation to replace the Efficiency Level Assessment (PTK) examination.